View latest data
LTSV.com - London Transport Service Vehicles on the web
You are not logged in.
Log-in Register
News
Fleet Data
Locations
Pictures
Articles
Forum

Location details
Name:Acton Tram Depot
Type:Bus Garage
User:First London
Code:AT
Status:Closed
Dates:1901 - 22/03/2008
NotesWas Tram Depot 
 
Stats and links
Current allocation: 0 
All vehicles allocated: 49 *
Sightings logged: 7
Photos at location: 2
Previous location: Acton Works 
Next location: Addlestone Garage 
* Quantities may not be accurate pending completion of the history inputting project

User Comments (Most recent at top) Log-in to add your own comments
Comments could include historical notes, advice on how to find the location, or personal recollections.
Posted ByCommentsDate/Time
Colin WitheyThis destination with the number 7 was on the blinds of the fourth Bombardier tram delivered to Croydon Tram Depot during the winter 1998/1999. It was to help promote Mayor Livingstone's dream of the West London Tram. How many single or double articulated trams could have been accommodated in the ex-LUT tram depot would have been interesting!Wed 11/05/2016, 15:59
DamonThere was a bus garage not very far down the road on the site currently occupied by the Police Station. The L.G.O.C. garage was in Steyne Road and had the former horse bus code ''A'' until the re-coding of 1911 when it became ''E''. It was a motor bus garage from 19/2/1906 until 17/3/1915. Then 1918 to 30/5/1921 and again 5/7/1922 to 17/3/1925. It then bacame ''CA'' from 3/8/1923 until 30/4/1928 and housed the Cambrian fleet until 22/2/1926 which then moved to Southall (HW) but continued to carry the code ''CA''. Confused? So am I.
Note: Edited by Damon, 31/12/13, 15:55.
Tue 31/12/2013, 15:54
Damon283 High Street, Acton W3. London United Tramways horse trams 03/1896 until electric trams took over from 04/04/1901 until 03/03/1937. L.P.T.B from 01/07/1933. Trams and trolleybuses 5/4/1936 until closure. In use as Acton Stores (trolleybuses) by 1949.Sat 14/12/2013, 18:24
RayPreviously a tram shed, trolleybuses operated from here for a few months 5/4/1936 to 9/3/1937 prior to closure. It remained an electrical store for the Underground for many years until re-opened as a garage with Centrewest. 01-992 0340. Closed 22/3/2008, vehicles to HS. It was demolished during June 2010.Fri 06/07/2007, 22:27

Pictures
There are 2 photos taken at this location
(most recently added photos are shown first)