|User Comments (Most recent at top) Log-in to add your own comments|
Comments could include historical notes, advice on how to find the location, or personal recollections.
|Damon||North Metropolitan Tramways horse tram depot from 1899 then Metropolitan Electric Tramways Company 26/11/1902 until 21/7/1904. Permanent way department moved in during 1903 and used as a store for overhead electric equipment. Building maintenance department moved in during 1906 and single track into depot relaid as siding for ticket punch cars. North Met EPS moved in during 1909. Then used by MET and sister companies' traffic and engineering departments. ||Tue 31/12/2013, 14:14|
|Damon||NE Divisional Offices (CRS) until 1961. East Divisional Offices (CRS-operating) by 1961. B'' Divisional Offices (CRS-engineering) by 1961-1976. East Divisional Offices (engineering) by 1976
Electrical Distribution Centre (Trolleybuses). LT (CRS) Employees' Friendly Society until 1962. Medical Centre by 1957?-1986? Electrical Equipment Engineer by 1966. Divisional Catering Office (East) by 1964. Divisional Welfare Office (NE) by 1974. Leaside District Offices (Buses) by 1980. Permanent Way Divisional Office by 1985-1987. Recruitment Centre by 1982???-1985. Registered Office, Leaside Bus Company Ltd by 1990, then moved out to Wood Green Garage during 1993.
Note: Edited by Damon, 05/01/14, 23:16.
|Tue 31/12/2013, 14:01|
|Ray||Leaside Distrct HQ was also based at Manor House (279 Seven Sisters Road, N4 1QG)||Sun 11/11/2007, 21:07|
|Ray||CRS Divisional Offices and a Medical Centre were to be found under the ivy (01-800 5441)! Vans could often be found parked in the front.|
Note: Edited by Ray, 07/07/07, 12:58.
|Sat 07/07/2007, 12:37|