|User Comments (Most recent at top) Log-in to add your own comments|
Comments could include historical notes, advice on how to find the location, or personal recollections.
|Damon||15/17 Long Acre WC2E 9LQ. Chief Electrical Engineer's Head Office by 1979-1985?? Underground Ticketing System Project LUL 1985-1989? This is the former Wadham's publishing Building. L.T. took a lease in 1978 with staff moving from leased offices at 263A Regent Street. It originally housed the Cable and Lighting department and HT Mains department brought together under a re-organisation. Later housed architects and Fire Engineers who moved over the road from 140 Long Acre. This location housed an underground garage with room for about a dozen vans but not tall enough for a Transit. It was occupied until 1994 when staff moved out to 30 South Collonade, Canary Wharf.
||Wed 01/01/2014, 22:17|
|Damon||139 Long Acre, WC2E 9AD. Electrical Engineer's New Works Office by 1966. Electrical Engineer's Substation Offices by 1966. Power and Electrical Engineering Offices LT by 1991-1996.
Power Supply Divison Offices LRT by 1997. This is the site of a traction sub-station for the Underground built in 1934-37 and progressively the Electrical Control Rooms for the entire Underground. Between 1990-1998 offoce space was occupied by electrical engineering staff and management. 1998 saw the start of the PFI contract. The complex also includes Stringfellows and The Sussex pub. The loading bay on St Martin's Lane was often home to a service vehicle for many years.
||Wed 01/01/2014, 18:53|
|Ray||There was/is a sub-station at 139 Long Acre, WC2 (01-836 0378).||Sat 25/08/2007, 12:13|