|User Comments (Most recent at top) Log-in to add your own comments|
Comments could include historical notes, advice on how to find the location, or personal recollections.
|Damon||The original Amersham & District Motor Bus & Haulage Co. garage was next door and is still extant today. It was in operation from 17/07/1919 until 13/08/1935 when the new Amersham (sort of) replaced it. However the original garage remained in use with L.T. until the 1950's and the new garage was more of an add-on than a replecement. The new garage closed 02/12/1989 and was demolished and replaced by one of Mr Tesco's little shops. Amersham buses originally carried the logical code ''AM'' until confusion with Plumstead meant it was reversed to become ''MA''. It has been suggested that they simply turned the garage plates around at the time.||Fri 03/01/2014, 20:57|
|Damon||The Broadway, Amersham, Bucks.
||Fri 03/01/2014, 20:48|
|Ray||Sited on London Road it was opened by the CB&C division of the LPTB in August 1935 it was opo by February 1971.||Thu 29/01/2009, 19:50|