|User Comments (Most recent at top) Log-in to add your own comments|
Comments could include historical notes, advice on how to find the location, or personal recollections.
|Damon||Lifts and Escalators stores listed as being at Bull Yard in 1949.||Sat 14/12/2013, 19:06|
|Ray||The High Street (postal address) garage was 01-639 1326. There was also the SE Divisional Medical Centre based here.|
Note: Edited by Ray, 07/07/07, 12:59.
|Sat 23/06/2007, 22:20|
|Damon||This is actually two sites. The original PM was where the bus station now is and stood on the site of Thomas Tillng's Bull Yard. This dates back to horse buses and very early motor bus operation by Tilling. Famously wrecked by the Luftwaffe, all but one of the private hire TF's was wiped out at the time. LT then built a new garage and medical centre here which opened in 1951. This was closed by London Buses in 1994 and relocated to the current PM, a low cost base on a former local authority depot in nearby Copeland Road. ||Fri 01/06/2007, 18:30|