|Now here is something a bit special. This photo was taken on 19th March 1988 in the basement of Victoria (Gillingham Street) Garage. This garage was the only one in London to feature two levels and was opened shortly after the start of WW2. It included a basement area that was designed to hold up to 70 buses, although only single deckers could be accommodated. Access was via two separate ramps, one on each side of the main garage building. The plan had been to use this area for the parking of private hire and tour coaches, though the advent of war led to the suspension of all such services as being non-essential. It was utilised by airport service buses from 1947 onwards, and was then leased out to the GPO from 1957. It eventually started running London buses in 1986 when the minibuses for new route C1 were based here. A couple of other routes (also using minibuses) were added later, but the whole garage was closed in 1993 and later (1999) demolished to make way for a supermarket and flats.
Back to the subject of the photo, 3570F was a 3-door Ford Escort estate car registered in Worcester in late 1986. It most likely entered LT stock shortly afterwards, though we have not seen any documents that give details. As the side lettering shows, it was allocated to the Catering section and it remained in stock until the end of 1989.