|Photographer / Copyright: John Marshall|
Images should not be reused without permission.
Date added to site:11/12/11
|Details: Bedford OLBD 826B was almost at the end of its second career when photographed at Chiswick Works on 4th November 1966. New in 1949 it originally had a dropside body and was shown on official lists as being a towing lorry. However, as Clive's recent article suggests, this probably referred to the fitting of a tow bar for trailers, rather than a capability to tow buses. In 1953 826B was rebuilt, being fitted with a 600-gallon tank removed from Albion lorry 376A. In this form it was used to transport distilled water used for vehicle batteries. It was replaced by Ford D-series 1390F in early 1967 and was sold in April.|
|Comments (Most recent at top)|